I have compiled together 10 of my favorite Christmas movies that I try to make time each and every year to watch. Some of these movies would be great for the entire family when the snow is falling and your stuck indoors. There may a few however that are not the most suitable for the youngsters, but are a good adult cinema for the holiday season.
Each of these movies is on Exodus while using Kodi. If you would like install instructions on installing it, click here. Each of theses movies were tested on Exodus while I wrote this post and were working as of December 17, 2016.
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation – I am sure you and almost everybody else has already seen this film at least once during a Christmas season. If you haven’t you need it as it is a great comedy featuring Chevy Chase and another one of his wacky movies in which while he is trying to make the best Christmas possible for the family, everything can and will go wrong.
- Home Alone – Have you ever wished your family could just disappear? Well that is exactly what Macaulay Culkin wished for this film. When no one seems to be listening to him and they send him to his room and he makes this wish, he also falls asleep isolated from the others and is forgotten until they are already in the air headed to their Christmas destination. When visited by burglars attempting to rob his home while he is Home Alone he has other things in mind.
- A Christmas Story (1983 Version) – You will shoot your eye out kid! That is the great saying in this film. All he wants for Christmas is a BB gun but keeps getting told it isn’t safe. Will he get that gun he so wants for Christmas? This movie is an epic classic and is one that can be enjoyed by the entire family.
- The Santa Clause – There are a few in this first of what has now become a sequel but the first is usually the best and is no exception here. While you may want to go ahead and see part 2 and 3, this one is a must. After Santa falls off the roof delivering toys for the boys and girls, Tim Allen must take on the roll of Santa Clause and attempt to not disappoint kids all over the world.
- Bad Santa – This is one you may not want the kids in on, and it also may not be the most traditional or Christmas spirited film. It is however a fun comedy with Billy Bob Thornton. Santa is not the guy you would expect him to be in this film. Instead he is a drunk that curses and cares little about his job of giving joy to the children. Bad Santa Part 2 is out in 2016 and you will want to see this one first.
- How The Grinch Stole Christmas – Whether you want to go with the classic or the Jim Carey version they are both entertaining the same. If you prefer the more modern and full length movie you should definitely check out the 2000 version with Carey and the kids will love it as well. Will the Grinch have a heart or will he succeed in stopping Christmas this year?
- Ernest Save Christmas – Well you either love it or hate it. I am the type of guy that loves some goofy, stupid and just outright crazy comedy at times and this is it. If you don’t mind a completely goofy and crazy movie at times you will enjoy this one. You will be laughing from the beginning to end and they say a laugh a day is keeps the doctor away. You will enjoy this goofy flick.
- Christmas With The Kranks – You may think my top 10 is a bit off and if that is the case I understand why. I am simply listing some of the fun and feel good films you will enjoy this season. While this one don’t rank in the top 10 on most people’s list it is definitely one you should check out or just watch again. Will the Kranks celebrate Christmas this year? Will the annual party be on or off? Watch this show to find out.
- The Ultimate Christmas Present – This is a Disney Channel original film and rarely makes the top 100 little own the top 10. I however enjoy this film once a season – not no more, but once for sure. When two teenagers find a snow machine that Santa has misplaced and begin to realize what it can do they take matters in their own hands. Wouldn’t it be great to have a snow day in Los Angeles and not have to go to school? They think so, or will dad not be able to come home for Christmas now because the snow just won’t stop? It makes my top 10 must see shows and is a genuine film you may consider this holiday season.
- Elf – Will Ferrell is an Elf! You can kind of see where my movie tastes have gone, it is another comedy and goofy at times, but definitely a fun one to watch. No one believes him, they think he is crazy, but he may be really be an Elf and the only one that can help save Christmas. If you haven’t seen it, watch it and I think you will be pleasantly happy you did.
- (And One More) The Dog Who Saved Christmas – I had to add a dog Christmas show since there are two in the cover of this post. Similar to Home Alone, with the exception of this being a dog. Burglars overtake the house and while a dog is sure supposed to protect it, this animal does that all so well. After setting booby traps and fighting back will these burglars get what they want or will the dog save Christmas?
There are other movies that didn’t make my top 10 list and very well could have, but I had to cut off some movies at some point and wanted to give you guys a list mostly of fun and entertaining movies that may not all be classics, epic or soulful, but are definitely films most people can enjoy.
A few other movies worth mentioning are Home Alone 2, The Santa Clause 2, Miracle on 34th Street, It’s A Wonderful Life, Mickey’s Christmas, Frosty the Snowman, Family Man, The Nightmare Before Christmas and many more.
If you have some you would like to add to the list comment below so others can watch your favorite films also.